Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hello friends! Sorry it took me a couple days to get back here! You all know how life can be! Ozai is on his fourth day of no pottying in the house! I am so proud of him! At first I was super nervous because he just wasn't getting it, but he has come a long way in the 2 1/2 weeks that I have had him! With Rudi and Belle (my other two dogs) they weren't nearly as energetic as Ozai, he is go go go constantly! Running, jumping, biting the other dogs (they are not happy about that LOL), zoomies, naptime, zoomies, toy chewing, attacking water bottles, fetch, naptime, show time (where we practice stacking and gaiting), zoomies, running, jumping, toy chewing, training time, sleep for the night. He is nuts! LOL! Today I went to TJ Maxx to get a shirt for a wedding shower I had to go to, and right by the checkout was some dog toys! The little man loves toys and I couldn't say no, so I got on that was called 'Tug-n-toss' for $5.99! The price was cheap and i am impressed with the toy! It is shaped like a bone and made out of a tough fabric and he has been chewing on it and throwing it around for hours and he hasn't made a dent! Happy momma! It also comes with a tennis ball and a rope attached to the end but it was just knotted to the bone toy and he got that apart and chewed on that for awhile also. I paid more for a stuffingless rabbit that he popped the squeakers within 20 minutes!

As far as show training goes, stacking is going fantastic! He is fine with me placing his feet and we are currently working on him leaning forwards and staying for periods of time. It's currently only a couple seconds of staying but every little second counts! Gaiting is going well also, we have to work on him not hopping around for the treat and keeping next to me! He likes to be a slowpoke on walks and  instead of encouraging him to slow down next to me I am having to encourage him to speed up next to me and then when he gets next to me he likes to hop towards me because I have the treats lol. We are working on it everyday!

His stitches and tape come off of his ears on Tuesday and  I CANNOT WAIT! I am sick of yellin at me for scratching them and having to constantly watch him and rig him up with some tape from home.. he found out that rubbing against the bed/rug will make the tape roll back and then the base of his ear is poking out a bit and then i gotta flip out and re-position it and add black tape of my own and the doc puts on white tape so he is all janked up.. plus the black tape i put on doesn't exactly stick the best so at least once a day he has black flappy tape hanging around... LOL i will be very happy once that is all behind us!

Thanks for looking and I will be uploading a video of Ozai and Rudi playing tug together for a bit.. then he starts to get rotten LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment